Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Series of Sickness

It all started on the Saturday after thanksgiving, Nathan just got done playing paintball, when he started complaining about sore muscles and that he was just not felling well. The next day he had a fever and stayed in bed most of the day.

When we got home Talon started not sleeping well. By the middle of the week he had a fever and was not acting like him normal happy self. This lasted several days, on Friday Nathan took him to the doctor. The doctor said he just had a cold and to keep doing what we were doing, giving him Tylenol every 4 hours.

He caught what Nathan had, a bad cold. :(

On top of all this I had surgery on Thursday and had to stay in the hospital over night. I had part of my thyroid removed. I had developed a lump and the doctor advised it would probably be smart to have it removed.

Nathan had mandatory schooling at work he had to be at this past week, so he was unable to take work of. Luckily I have very wonderful parents and parent in laws. They came and helped with Talon and stayed with him while I had my surgery. My dad was able to stay at the hospital with me during my surgery. Thank you all so much we love you!

Well I am home now, still sore and sleepy, but at least I am home. Talon is on the mend and has been sleeping a lot better today. :)

I'll post some pictures later.

4 comments:

Denise said...

We love you so much Mariann. Glad you are on the mend. Talon too!

Kimber said...

We hope everyone is feeling much better soon.

Anonymous said...

Marianne,
i hope you are ok. I hope taht they were able to get the lump out of your thyroid and that there are no further complications. You are such a sweet mommy. You sure love Talon, don't ya? I miss seeing you!

Davis Fam said...

That really stinks that everyone was down like that! I hope that your family gets feeling better!